Call For Nominations: CFPC Medical Student Leadership Award - Deadline: May 18, 2018
Each year, the Department of Family Medicine nominates a graduating McMaster Medical Student for the CFPC Leadership Award. This award recognizes the leadership abilities of outstanding medical students in their final year of study. Our departmental undergraduate awards committee selects one nominee to put forward to the CFPC, where the CFPC selection committee will decide upon an overall winner from the candidates submitted by the 17 Canadian medical schools.
All award recipients will be invited to attend Family Medicine Forum (FMF) 2018 in Toronto, including the Medical Student and Family Medicine Resident Leadership Workshop, and to other special events for students and residents at FMF. There is also a monetary award component to the CFPC Leadership Award.
- Medical students in the graduating class of 2018 at the time of nomination
- Demonstrated interest and skills in areas such as health care policy/economics; government/media relations; advocacy and representation on behalf of patients, peers, or healthcare organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to, or an interest in a career in, family practice
Process for Nomination:
Please provide a letter of support addressing the nominee’s skills as a leader and/or orator. These letters are a very important component of the nomination and should include sufficient information on your candidate’s leadership skills in order to support the nomination. All nominations should be sent to Connie Shen firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, May 18, 2018.
Dr. Keyna Bracken, Clerkship Director
Dr. Alessandra Palombo, Pre-Clerkship Director
- McMaster University Department of Family Medicine
- David Braley Health Sciences Centre
- 100 Main Street West, 6th Floor
- Hamilton, ON L8P 1H6
- Map / Directions
2018 © McMaster University, except where otherwise noted.